口語英語口語英語學習材料

地道俚語精華版收集

本文已影響 6.3K人 

clock in 打卡  

clock in/on (British English):to record the time at which you arrive at work, especially by putting a card into a machine (尤指用機器)記錄上班時間,上班打卡

Variant: punch in American English

Don't forget to clock in,otherwise you won't get paid. 

別忘了打卡,否則領不到錢.

地道俚語精華版收集


keep one's shirt on 保持冷靜

keep your shirt on:used to tell somebody not to get angry 別生氣;保持冷靜

Keep your shirt on! It was only a joke.

別生氣!開個玩笑而已.

Keep your shirt on. He didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way he talks.

保持冷靜,那只是他說話的慣常方式,他並非有意要冒犯你.



cool it!:used to tell somebody to be calmer and less excited or angry (用於勸說)冷靜下來,沉住氣,別激動,息怒

Cool it!You are driving me crazy!

冷靜一點!你快把我逼瘋了.



red-letter day:an important day, or a day that you will remember, because of something good that happened then 重要紀念日;喜慶日

This is a red-letter day for Susan. She made her first sale to a very important client.

今天是susan的大日子.她和一個非常重要的客戶做成了第一筆生意.



go up in smoke: if your plans, hopes, up in smoke, they fail completely 告吹;成泡影;破滅

Peter's vacation plans went up in smoke when a crisis arose in the office.

辦公室出了問題,peter的假期泡湯了.



hit the road 上路   

We should probably hit the road. It's going to take us two hours to get home.

我們可能該上路了吧?到家的兩個小時呢!



come clean 全盤托出,招供   

The criminal decided to come clean.

罪犯決定供出事實.



shape up 表現良好

shape up:to improve your behaviour, work harder, etc. 改善(行爲、工作等) informal

If he doesn't shape up, he'll soon be out of a job.

他要是不改好,很快就會丟飯碗的.

You'd better shape up if you want to stay on.

如果你還想留下來的話最好乖一點兒.



scare the shit out of someone 嚇死某人了   

Don't sneak up behind me like that. You scared the shit out of me.

不要那樣從後面突然嚇我.你嚇死我了.



pull strings 運用關係(源於"拉木偶的線")

He pulled some strings and managed to get us front row seats for the concert.

他運用關係替我們拿到音樂會前排的位子.

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章