口語英語實用生活英語口語

最新美國俚語集錦

本文已影響 6.47K人 

any minute 隨時,馬上

She should be here at any minute.
她馬上就到.

They are going to announce it any minute now.
他們隨時會宣佈結果.

最新美國俚語集錦

The baseball game has been going on for 3 hours so it should be finished any minute now.
這場棒球賽已經進行了三小時,所以隨時都可能結束.

Hang on Paul, the ambulance will be here any minute.
保羅,堅強點,救護車馬上就到了.


holiday pounds:在假期裏增加的體重

holiday pounds的意思是指在假期裏增加的體重.

Man, when I get back to work I'll have to start going to the gym again- I've put on some serious holiday pounds.

當我回去工作的時候我又得去健身了.因爲假期裏我又重了好多.


sinking feeling:感覺要出事,有不祥的預感

sinking是往下沉的意思,sinking feeling就是感覺要出事,有不祥的預感.

I have a sinking feeling that we're gonna lost the game today. (gonna=going to)

我有種不祥的預感,我們今天會輸掉比賽.

As soon as I saw Celia I had a terrible sinking feeling. I knew she'd only have come if something was wrong.
我一看到西莉亞,就感覺要出事兒.我清楚沒事她是不會來的.

I knew something was going to go wrong. I had a sinking feeling all yesterday that we weren't prepared.

我就知道要出事,昨天一整天我就有不祥的預感,我們並沒有準備好.


where in the world:究竟在哪裏

I think we're completely lost. We've been driving around for hours and I've got no idea where in the world we are.

我想我們徹底迷路了,我們在這開車兜了幾個小時但還是不知道我們究竟在哪.

It's the middle of summer so where in the world are you going to skiing?

現在是夏天,你究竟要到哪裏去滑雪啊?


one way to find out的英文解釋:This is the only way to discover the truth. 翻譯成中文就是:知道真相的唯一方法.

A:I wonder what this letter says.

我想知道信裏寫了什麼.

B:There's only one way to find out - open it!

方法只有一個--打開看看

If you want to know if she'll go out with you. There's only one way to find out - you have to ask her.

如果你想知道她是否願意跟你出去,只有一個辦法可以知道--邀請她.


chill out/ cool out:冷靜,放鬆

I like to come home from work, have dinner, chill out for a little bit, and then go to bed.

下班後我喜歡回家吃晚餐,放鬆休息一下,然後上牀睡覺.

Will you chill out?

沉住氣好嗎?(冷靜好嗎?)

Before we can debate this matter, you're all gonna have to chill out.

辯論之前,大家都要冷靜.

He's been working very hard the past couple of months so i think he just needs to go on holiday and chill out for a bit.

他最近幾個月工作一直很努力,因此我認爲他需要去休假放鬆一下


no sweat 表面意思是不出汗,沒出汗,由此引伸出下面的解釋:

1. 一點兒也不困難,毫不費力,一點兒也不麻煩.(no difficulty)

I passed the prelim with no sweat.

我輕輕鬆鬆就通過了初試.

It's no sweat for me to drive you to work. I'm going in the same direction.

送你上班我一點兒也不麻煩,我順路.

2. 甭擔心,不用擔心.(do not worry)

We'll be back by six, no sweat, but if there's a problem, we'll call you.

我們六點就回來,不用擔心,如果有事我會打電話給你.


all talk 光說不做,空談

如果你要形容人經常光說不練,就可以用到all talk (and no action)這個短語.

all talk (and no action)解釋如下

talking often about doing something, but never actually doing it.

光說不做,光說空話而不做,空談,乾打雷不下雨.

Eric won't do it. He's just all talk.

艾瑞克不會去做的,他總是光說不做.

The government has been cracking down on piracy for more than two months. It's no longer all talk but little action.

政府打擊盜版的活動進行了兩個多月,再也不是雷聲大雨點小了.

Jimmy keeps saying he'll get a job soon, but he's all talk and no action.

吉米總說要找工作,但他總是光說不做.


save the day:轉危爲安,反敗爲勝,挽救局面

The team was expected to lose, but Mike made three points and saved the day.

球隊本來要輸了,但麥克投中了一個三分球並反敗爲勝.

The forest fire was nearly out of control when suddenly it rained heavily and saved the day.

森林火災幾乎無法控制,幸好老天突然下起大雨,才化險爲夷.

Your excellent speech calmed the crowd and saved the day.

你精彩的演講安撫了羣衆,並解決了棘手的問題.

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章