口語英語每日英語口語

英協視頻:你獲聘了4(1 Week Later 1)

本文已影響 3.29K人 

英協視頻:你獲聘了4(1 Week Later   1)

Episode 4

你獲聘了4
1 Week later
一週以後

Good morning Daniel!
早上好,丹尼爾!

Dan, please...
叫我丹就可以了……

I’m Marcia Boardman – we spoke on the phone – and this is Philip Hart, our CEO.
我是瑪西亞•博德曼 – 我們通過電話 – 這位是菲利普•哈特,我們公司的首席執行官。

Hello!
你好!

Nice to meet you both.
很高興見到你們。

So it says here on your CV that you’re interested in rock climbing...
你在簡歷上說,你對攀巖很感興趣……

Yeah... love it!
沒錯……我超喜歡攀巖!

Great – so do I! When did you last go climbing?
太棒了 – 我也喜歡!你上次攀巖是是麼時候啊?

Oh, err, well, it was a while ago now...
哦,呃,已經有一段時間了……

Anywhere interesting?
去過有趣的地方嗎?

Yeah. I walked up the hill behind my house. Took me about thirty minutes!
是的。我爬我們家後面的小山,只要大概30分鐘!

Oh.
哦。

OK, erm, Daniel, can you tell us a little bit about your current position?
好的,呃,丹尼爾,能聊一聊你現在的工作嗎?

Certainly – as it says in the CV, I’m part of the European Sales team at Networld. We’re the world’s leading supplier of IT hardware.
當然 – 正如我在簡歷裏寫的,我是Networld公司歐洲銷售團隊的成員。我們是IT硬件領域的世界領先供應商。

Why do you want to move on?
你爲什麼想跳槽?

Well, they’re too small for me.
哦,那家公司對我而言太小了。

Networld!? Networld are too small for you?
Networld!?Networld對你來說太小了?

Oh yeah. I’m looking for something much bigger.
呃,是的。我想找一家更大的公司。

Well, we’re not a big company by any means, but we are looking to grow!
好吧,無論從哪個角度來看,我們都談不上是一個大公司,但我們尋求發展壯大!

What first attracted you to WebWare in particular?
WebWare最吸引你的是什麼?

Well, I see WebWare as kind of like a stepping stone...
呃,我把WebWare當做一塊跳板……

Sorry?
對不起,你說什麼?

Yeah, start here gain the necessary experience, then move onto something bigger.
沒錯,從這裏起步,獲得必備的經驗,再跳到其他更大的公司。

OK... well, I do admire your ambition!
好吧……我佩服你的雄心壯志!

Thanks – I’ve got lots of it!
謝謝你 – 我的野心可不小!

Let’s move on to managing people.
下面讓我們聊一聊人員的管理。

Can you give an example of a time when you had to deal with a particularly difficult managee?
你有沒有遇到過特別棘手的人員管理問題,舉個例子說一說?

Sure – well I think that’s one of my strong points actually.
當然遇到過 – 我覺得這正是我的特長之一。

A couple of years ago, I was working with a guy,
幾年前,我手下有個傢伙,

he wasn’t pulling his weight, basically being lazy – so I told him to get out.
不盡職盡責,可以說是很懶撒 – 所以我就讓他走人了。

Oh, you didn’t give him a performance review, or a warning, or perhaps try to help develop his motivation?
噢,你沒有對他進行業績考覈,或者發出警告,又或者試着調動他的積極性嗎?

No, no, no. None of that rubbish.
不不不。這些手段都是白搭。

If someone’s not working hard enough, then they’re out!
如果某個人工作不努力,就要把他掃地出門!

That’s the way I work. I’m a hard man.
這就是我做事的方式。我是一個嚴厲的人。

I see.
我看出來了。

How would you handle a rapidly changing market?
你會如何應對瞬息萬變的市場呢?

Basically not change anything at all! Just continue on as normal regardless!
基本上不需要做任何變化!什麼都不用管,照常繼續下去就可以了!

According to your CV you are fluent in Mandarin...
簡歷顯示你的漢語普通話很流利……

Well, I wouldn’t say ‘fluent’ exactly... but, I like Chinese food a lot – so I can read the menu!
好吧,準確的說我的普通話還談不上“流利”……但我非常喜歡中國菜 – 所以我看得懂菜單!

So you can’t actually speak the language?
所以你實際上不會說漢語?

Erm, no.
呃,不會。

Can you tell us about a time you had to close a particularly challenging deal.
能說一說你完成的一項特別有挑戰性的交易嗎?

I haven’t had one. They’re all easy for me. I close deals all the time!
還沒有一件事件有挑戰性。對我而言都太簡單了。我總是能夠順利完成!

OK – well do you have any questions for us?
好的 – 你有什麼問題要問我們嗎?

No.
沒有。

Oh. OK. Erm. Thanks.
哦。好吧。呃。謝謝你。

Let’s move on to the presentation...
下面是演講環節……

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-4
 

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章