口語英語每日英語口語

British Council:你獲聘了1(Monday Morning)

本文已影響 5.07K人 
   Episode 1你獲聘了1 Monday morning週一早上 

You what? What do you mean?

British Council:你獲聘了1(Monday Morning)

什麼?你的意思是?

 

You’ve lost the DollarMart contract?

你丟了DollarMart的訂單?

 

Oh Brian, tell me you’re joking! 

天吶,布萊恩,你是在開玩笑吧!

 

That’s our biggest contract! And you’ve lost it!

那可是我們最大的一筆訂單!現在竟然搞砸了!

 

Ok...ok...yes, I know you’ve had some personal problems recently...

好……好……是的,我知道最近你有些私人問題……

 

yes, sure...yes, I know our competitors have improved their offer...but, really Brian, these are just excuses...

是,當然……是的,我知道競爭對手修改了報價……不過,說真的,布萊恩,這些都只是藉口而已……

 

Oh Brian, come on

呃,布萊恩,好了,咱們說說怎麼辦吧

 

–you failed to meet agreed targets for the entire last quarter.

–上個季度你沒能達到預期目標。

 

We talked about this at your last performance review and I told you then it had to improve and to be quite honest – it hasn’t. 

上季度績效考覈時,我就跟你談過這個問題,我告訴你必須提高績效,必須實話實說,可是你沒能做到。

Losing the DollarMart contract is the last straw... 

你現在丟了DollarMart的單,我實在是無法忍受了……

No, I’m sorry Brian that’s it, 

不,我很抱歉,布萊恩,只能這樣了,

 

that’s your last chance. I’m going to have to let you go.

那是你最後的機會。我別無選擇,只能讓你走。

 

Let you go.

讓你走。

 

Yes. That’s what it means Brian. You’re fired.

是的。就是這個意思,布萊恩。你被解僱了。

 

Hi Jess, can you put me through to Marcia in HR please?

嗨,傑絲,請幫我接通人力資源部瑪西亞好嗎?

 

Hi Marcia. It’s Philip here.

嗨,瑪西亞。我是菲利普。

 

Listen, I’ve had to let Brian go.

聽着,我已經把布萊恩解僱了。

 

He lost us the DollarMart account.

他把DollarMart這個大客戶給搞丟了。

 

Yeah, but it had been going on for a while, he just wasn’t pulling his weight anymore.

是的,但是已經有一段時間了,他居然一點起色也沒有。

 

He’d been warned – his last performance review was really bad. He knew it was coming...

我已經警告過他 – 他上一次的績效考覈真的非常糟糕。他自己也知道離被炒魷魚不遠了……

 

So - we’ll be looking for someone new and we’ll need to decide on who that is...

所以 – 我們要找一個新人,我們要確定一下要找什麼樣的人……

 

Who are we looking for?

我們要找什麼樣的人呢?

 

Good question...I was hoping you might be able to help me with that!

好問題……我希望你能幫我想一想!

Here’s what I’m thinking and let me know if you agree.

這是我的想法,你看看同不同意?

Well, obviously, they’ll need to have a first degree, 

好的,很顯然,我們要找的人首先必須擁有學士學位,

doesn’t matter what subject, and then a masters or an MBA, I’d say.

什麼專業不重要,也要有碩士學位,或者是工商管理學碩士。

 

Experience? At least five years' relevant experience, in an international company – 

工作經驗?至少五年在跨國公司的相關工作經驗 – 

I want somebody with a proven track record. 

我希望他有良好的工作業績。

Oh they have to be a team player – Brian never was – so strong interpersonal skills. 

哦,對了,他還必須具備團隊精神 – 布萊恩從來就沒有 – 所以要有很強的人際交往能力。

 

Oh and I want someone with vision...

我還希望他具備一定的視野……

 

yes, “vision” – I know it’s difficult to define,

是的,“視野” – 我知道這很難界定,

 

but what I mean is, someone who knows we’re in a rapidly changing market, and they can use it to our advantage.

我的意思是這個人需要知道我們身處一個快速變化的市場之中,他應該能夠將這種變化轉化爲我們的優勢。

 

Experience with online sales, perhaps – but yes, I’d be interested in that. 

網上銷售經驗,也許吧 – 是的,需要有,我對這方面很感興趣。

Oh, language skills – I can’t emphasise that enough – not necessarily a native speaker,

呃,語言技能 – 再怎麼強調也不爲過 – 不一定非得是母語使用者,

but they must be very good at English, and another language as well, Spanish, or Mandarin is best.

英語必須非常流利,還應該掌握第二種語言,可以是西班牙語,漢語普通話最好。

 

Does that sound ok to you? Great!

你覺得怎麼樣?很好!

 

Ok can you get an ad out on the website as soon as possible, and the trade press, as well? 

你能儘快在網站和行業刊物上把招聘啓事發出去嗎?

 

Ok great thanks Marcia. I want a new sales director by the end of the month! Bye.

很好,謝謝你,瑪西亞。我希望在這個月月底能招到一個新的銷售總監。

 http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-1

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀