口語英語每日英語口語

英協視頻:你獲聘了5(1 Week Later 2)

本文已影響 1.64W人 

英協視頻:你獲聘了5(1 Week Later   2)

Episode 5

你獲聘了5
1 Week later
一週以後

Hi Sarah! I’m Marcia Boardman – we spoke on the phone...
你好,薩拉!我是瑪西亞•博德曼 – 我們之前通過電話……

Oh yes, I remember – I was having a bad day!
哦,是的,我記得 – 那天很糟糕!

...and this is Philip Hart, our CEO.
……這位是菲利普•哈特,我們的首席執行官。

Hello!
你好!

Hello, it’s very nice to meet you both.
你好,見到你們非常高興。

It says on your CV that you do voluntary work...
你在簡歷裏說自己在做志願者工作……

Well, when I have time, yes! I do work at a centre for children with difficulties, yes...
是的,有空的時候就做!我在一個學習困難兒童幫護中心做志願者……

That must be very interesting...
那一定非常有趣……

It’s rewarding and challenging.
很有收穫,但也很有挑戰。

Sarah, can you tell us a little bit about your current position?
薩拉,能聊一聊你現在的工作嗎?

I’m assistant sales director for a chain of language schools.
我在連鎖語言學校當銷售總監助理。

So this post would be quite a change then...
如果你來我們這兒,工作的性質會有非常大的變化……

I don’t think so honestly because the skills are the same, despite the product.
我不這麼認爲,因爲說老實話雖然產品不同,但所需要的技能是完全一樣的。

Why are you thinking of moving on?
你爲什麼想跳槽?

Well I’ve come as far as I can in my current position, I feel
現在的這份工作,我覺得已經幹到頭了,沒有上升的空間,

and I’m 28 now and would love to take on some more responsibility.
我現在才28歲,喜歡找一份責任更重的工作。

Ok, let’s move on to managing people.
好的,下面讓我們來聊一聊人員管理。

Can you give us an example of when you had to deal with a particularly difficult managee?
你有沒有遇到過特別棘手的人員管理問題,舉個例子說一說?

Well, yes, I had two people working for me who didn’t get along at all – they had no shared values,
好的,我遇到過,我手下有兩個人就是沒法在一起共事 – 他們的價值觀不同,

different temperaments – and they used to argue a lot,
脾氣性格也完全不同 – 常常爭吵,

it looked like it was impossible for them to work together.
看起來似乎已經不太可能讓他們在一塊工作了。

So, I sat down with them, and we talked about their differences and their problems and after that, things went much more smoothly!
於是我和他們坐到一起,聊他們倆的差異,他們的問題,之後一切就變得順利多了!

How would you deal with a rapidly changing and uncertain global market?
國際市場瞬息萬變,充滿不確定性,你會如何應對呢?

Ok, that’s actually something I wanted to talk about in my presentation...
哦,這正是我準備在演講中談到的問題……

but I’d say to stay flexible and to diversify markets and sales strategies.
我的想法是保持靈活多變,使用多樣化的市場營銷策略。

It says on your CV you speak French and Spanish.
你在簡歷中稱自己會說法語和西班牙語。

Yes, I do. I lived in both France and Spain for a while.
是的,我會。我在法國和西班牙生活過一段時間。

Any plans to learn other languages?
有計劃學習其他語言嗎?

I’d love to try!
我很樂意嘗試!

Ok, can you tell us about a time you closed a particularly challenging deal?
好,能說一說你完成的一項特別有挑戰性的交易嗎?

Well, the biggest contract I won - and the thing I’m most proud of professionally - was with a large university in India,
好的,那是我拿到的最大一筆訂單 – 是我職業生涯中最引以爲傲的一件事 – 那是和印度的一所大型大學簽訂的合同,

to provide language training. The contract was full of technicalities and the client was very picky! – But I still pulled it off.
爲他們提供語言培訓。那份合同充滿了專業技術內容,客戶也非常挑剔 – 但我還是拿下了它。

Ok – do you have any questions for us?
好的 – 你有什麼問題要問我們嗎?

Yes - about your ethical policy and your carbon footprint...
有 – 是關於你們公司道德政策和碳足跡的問題……

I was wondering whether you are planning to reduce your carbon footprint
我想知道你們有沒有制定計劃,減少碳排放量,

and whether all your products are ethically sourced?
你們的所有產品的來源是不是都符合道德倫理標準?

That’s a very good question...and that’s something we’re moving towards at the moment...
這個問題非常棒……這是我們當下努力的方向……

Ok, well, let’s move on to the presentation...
好,下面讓我們進入演講環節……

http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-5
 

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章