美語情景對話 第1381期:Do you read food labels? 你看食品標籤嗎?
Sorie: And my name is Sorie, and today's question is ...
索瑞:我是索瑞,今天要討論的問題是……Mark: Do you read food labels?
馬克:你看食品標籤嗎?Sorie: I don't really, but my father used to read food labels and I used to hate going shopping with him because I had to wait for hours until he finished reading the labels. Yeah. How about you?
索瑞:我不看,不過我爸爸經常看食品標籤,我以前很討厭和他一起去購物,因爲我不得不等他看完食品標籤,而那要花費好幾個小時。你呢?
Mark: I I read food labels. Yeah. If I don't read the food label, I don't know what's in the food. Is that not a problem for you?
馬克:我看食品標籤。如果我不看食品標籤,我就不知道食品中包含哪些物質。對你來說這不是問題嗎?Sorie: I guess it is, but I guess I trust the people that make the food. But what do you think? Should I not trust the people that make our food anymore?
索瑞:我想是問題,不過我相信生產食品的廠商。你怎麼看?我不應該繼續相信那些製造食品的廠商嗎?Mark: You should trust them, but maybe there are things in the food that you don't want to go into your body.
馬克:你應該相信他們,但是可能食品中含有你不想身體攝入的物質。Sorie: That's a really interesting topic.
索瑞:這真是個有意思的觀點。Mark: Yeah.
馬克:對。Sorie: Yeah, I think I'll start reading the labels from now on.
索瑞:嗯,我想我會從現在開始看食品標籤。Mark: I think you should.
馬克:我認爲你應該這樣做。Sorie: Thank you.
索瑞:謝謝。譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載
重點講解:
1. used to do sth. 過去常常;過去曾;
He used to be one of the professors at the School of Education.
他曾是教育學院的一名教授。
2. go shopping 購物;
I live just by the market, and it's very convenient to go shopping.
我家就住在商場旁邊,買東西很方便。
3. finish doing sth. 結束;做畢;
After finish reading the book, everyone seems to have a little experience with the exotic trip, experienced a spiritual growth.
看完這本書之後,每個人似乎都隨着小作者親歷了一次異國之旅,經歷了一次心靈成長之路。
4. from now on 從現在開始;
It's getting colder and colder from now on.
往後的天氣越來越冷了。