商務英語常用商務英語口語

職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

本文已影響 5.74K人 

職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

SCENE② B 吉娜與戴夫在各自的隔間裏工作

職場社交英語 Lesson 44:他自視甚高

【他自視甚高】

Zina: Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?

吉娜: 你覺得我對艾文太過火了嗎?

Dave: You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.

戴夫: 你本可以試着跟他解釋,會有新的程序設計師進來。

Zina: Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.

吉娜: 艾文才不想要有人來幫忙寫程序。他想功勞一手抓。

Dave: You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.

戴夫: 你或許沒說錯。他自視甚高。

Zina: Did you hear the names he was calling me?

吉娜: 你聽到他怎麼罵我嗎?

Dave: I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?

戴夫: 我聽到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻環嗎?

語言詳解:

A: Can you explain your relationship to John?

你能解釋你跟約翰的關係嗎?

B: No. It's too complicated.

不能。 這太複雜了。

【could have tried 本可以試着】

“could+現在完成式”的句型用於說明先前的某一動作有改進的餘地,有時表示含蓄的不滿或指責。例如:

You could have finished it earlier.

你本該早一點把這事做完。

She could have done better.

她做得不夠好。

A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.

我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻於路上交通擁塞。

B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.

這一點我可以瞭解。但是你本可以打個電話通知我們。

1) be out of line 過分的

2) glory (n.) 榮耀

3) think highly of... 對……評價很高。若後接反身代名詞,則是指“自視甚高”。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章