商務英語常用商務英語口語

職場社交英語 Lesson 66:我現在是自由工作者

本文已影響 3.07W人 

職場社交英語 Lesson 66:我現在是自由工作者

SCENE② C 四個半月後 瑪莉巧遇戴夫

職場社交英語 Lesson 66:我現在是自由工作者

【我現在是自由工作者】


Dave: Yeah. You don't need to rub it in.

戴夫: 是啊。不勞你落井下石了。


Mary: And then she 1) made the deal with MicroPower. Vince wanted to sell for fifteen million...

瑪莉: 然後她跟“微力”談妥了條件。文斯本想用一千五百萬賣掉的……


Dave: Fifteen? And Zina pushed them up to seventy-five?

戴夫: 一千五百萬?而吉娜逼他們出到了七千五百萬?


Mary: That's right. Vince still stops by her office every day to thank her.

瑪莉: 沒錯。文斯到現在都還每天經過她的辦公室,跟她道謝呢。


Dave: Anyway, I'm still happy I left. I'm working as a 2) freelancer now.

戴夫: 不管怎樣,我還是很高興我離開了。我現在是自由工作者。


Mary: You really should have stayed with us, Dave.

瑪莉: 你當初真該留下跟我們一道的,戴夫。


語言詳解:


A: Who do you work for?

你幫誰工作?


B: No one. I'm a freelancer.

沒有誰。我是自由工作者。


【rub it in 落井下石】


rub it in 的這個動作就像是一抹再抹,越抹越進去的感覺,而這個片語在使用上,就是“落井下石”的意思,明明人家已經很慘了,卻還要打落水狗,在傷口上撒鹽。


A: So, your sister beat you in bowling!

所以你妹妹打保齡球贏了你!

B: Stop rubbing it in, OK?

別落井下石了,好嗎?


A: Didn't I tell you over and over again she doesn't like you?

我不是一再告訴你她不喜歡你嗎?

B: You don't have to rub it in.

你不用落井下石嘛。

1) deal (n.) 交易;make a deal with...與……交易

2) freelancer (n.) 自由工作者

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章