商務英語常用商務英語口語

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

本文已影響 9.38K人 

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

SCENE② A 吉娜與戴夫在各自的隔間裏工作

職場社交英語 Lesson 43:一張綠色便條紙

【又一張綠色便條紙】

Zina: Hey, Dave. Look at this another green note. Someone must have left it while I was in LA.

吉娜: 嘿,戴夫。你看這個--又一張綠色便條紙。一定是有人趁我去洛城的時候放的。

Dave: What does it say this time? Is it a death threat?

戴夫: 這次是寫什麼?索命威脅啊?

Zina: It says, "my dear kitten, / I'm sorry I haven't written. / It doesn't mean I'm not still 1) smitten. / I am."

吉娜: 上面寫着:“我親愛的小貓,抱歉好一陣子沒捎信, 這可不是我不魂牽夢縈。我仍迷戀着你。”

Dave: You've got to 2) admit, he does have a way with words.

戴夫: 你得承認他還真會舞文弄墨。

Zina: It's a bunch of 3) mush! Where does he get off calling me a kitten?

吉娜: 爲賦新詞強說愁!他憑什麼叫我“小貓”?

Dave: 4) Considering how you've been 5) behaving, I'll admit it is a bit surprising.

戴夫: 由你最近的行爲看來,我承認這種稱呼有些讓人意外。

語言詳解

A: Do you admit that what you did was wrong?

你承認你做錯了嗎?

B: I admit it, but I'm not sorry.

我承認,但我不感到抱歉。

【have a way with...對……很有一套】

have a way with...是指交際手腕或是對某方面的造詣很高,可以用在人與人的關係上:

A: She has a way with men.

她對於男人很有一套。

B: That's because she's young and sexy.

那是因爲她年輕又性感。

【Where does he get off...他憑什麼……】

當你覺得某人做得太過分,不禁質疑起他有何權利這樣做的時候,你就可以用上這個表達法Where does he get off...“他憑什麼……”

A: Where does he get off telling me I need to lose some weight?

他憑什麼跟我說我應該要減重?

B: He's your doctor. He's just concerned about your health.

他是你的醫生,他只是關心你的健康。

1) smite (v.) 使神魂顛倒。smitten是過去分詞當形容詞用,表示被動的意思。

2) admit (v.) 承認

3) mush (n.) 過分的多愁善感

4) considering (adv., prep) 鑑於……,考慮到……

5) behave (v.) 舉止,行爲

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章