英語閱讀英語閱讀理解

發個圖片,也能讓人熱淚盈眶

本文已影響 9.67K人 

Today
今天
I was asked if I am any good with phones
有人問我,我會不會使用手機
by an elderly man
問我的是一位老爺爺
as he was trying to open a picture message
他正試圖打開一個圖片文件
that his granddaughter had sent.
圖片是他的孫女發來的
I took a look at his phone
我看了一眼他的手機
which was a really old Nokia.
原來是一個款式十分古早的諾基亞
As he didn’t have a smart phone
由於他沒有智能手機
I told him that he wouldn’t be able to view it.
我告訴他,他看不到這張圖片
He was gutted
他十分沮喪
and went on to tell me
又告訴我
that it was a photo of his granddaughter and her new baby
那是他孫女的照片
who he hadn’t seen yet
他還沒有見過小重孫
as they live in another city.
因爲他們住在另一個城市
So,
於是
I forwarded the message to my phone
我把圖片轉發到我自己的手機上
and eventually managed to open the picture.
終於成功打開了這張圖片
He was so emotional seeing his great granddaughter for the first time
第一次看到自己的小重孫,他百感交集
and you could see his love for them both through his teary eyes.
從他含着眼淚的眼睛,你可以看到他對母子兩人的愛意
The man insisted on giving me £20
這個老人堅持要給我20元錢
to treat my daughter to a toy
讓我給我女兒買一個玩具
as a thank you for helping him,
作爲幫助他的答謝
which I insisted I didn’t want,
我堅持拒絕
but he was having none of it.
但他執意如此
So, I asked him to wait there
於是,我請他等我一下
and I went to boots and printed the photo for him
用一個程序爲他把圖片打印出來
and ended up buying a frame for it too.
隨後又爲這張照片買了一個相框
When I returned with the framed photo,
當我帶着裝裱好的照片回到他身邊時
he was so happy,
他開心極了
literally overwhelmed .
簡直是喜不自勝
This just made my day to make someone so happy.
能讓他如此開心,我的這一天也十分高興

發個圖片,也能讓人熱淚盈眶

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀