口語英語口語英語練習小對話

英語口語練習小對話 第221期:吵吵嚷嚷

本文已影響 3.1W人 

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第221期:吵吵嚷嚷

A: Mr. Brown, are your children always kicking up a row like this? I cannot concentrate on my paper.

布朗先生,你的孩子們是不是總是這樣子大吵大鬧的?我不能集中精力寫我的論文。

B: Sorry, Mr. Black. I’m trying to make them quiet.

真是對不起,布萊克先生,我忙上讓他們安靜下來。

A: I’m afraid if the noise goes on, I shall have no alternative but to leave.

如果在這樣大吵大鬧,我別無選擇,只好搬走了。

B: Sorry, sir. Believe me, everything will be all right.

對不起,先生,相信我,一切都會好的。

地道表達:

kick up a row

解詞釋義:

row是名詞,意思是“大的噪聲,吵鬧,爭吵”,常用於口語的是kick up a row或make a row,指的是“大吵大鬧”或“發出吵鬧聲”。表示因......而大吵大鬧,在短語的後面接介詞about,即:kick up a row about。

支持範例:

If I refuse to go to the theater, my wife is sure to kick up a row.

如果我拒絕去劇院,我妻子定會大吵一頓。

I don’t think we will kick up a row about such a small mistake.

我認爲不值得爲此小小錯誤而鬧得天翻地覆。

拓展範例:

make a row:吵吵嚷嚷,吵吵鬧鬧,轟動一時

Eg. Could you please make less of a row?

請你別那麼大聲嚷嚷好嗎?

Eg. It will make a nice row if that comes out.

倘使事情一傳出去,要轟動一時的呢。

Eg. The guy has made such a row that I can not fall asleep.

那些傢伙吵得我沒法睡覺。

詞海拾貝:

1. concentrate on:專注於......;聚精會神於......

Eg. I can' t concentrate on my studies with all that noise going on.

吵鬧聲不絕於耳, 我精神無法集中學習.

Eg. She couldn't concentrate on a book very long.

她不能長時間專心讀一本書。

Eg. In some schools, students concentrate on learning how to make films.

在有些學校裏,學生專門學習電影製作。

Eg. After the fun he's had during the holidays, the boy couldn't concentrate on his school work.

放了幾天假,這孩子的心都玩野了。

2. go on:繼續

Eg. You're trying to put me off, please go on with the story.

你是在想法轉移目標,還是接着講你的故事吧。

Eg. I have wiped tears away now, and can go on again properly.

我現在已經擦乾了眼淚,又可以心平氣和地說下去了。

Eg. Let's go on, and find some farm where we can put up.

咱們往前走吧,去找一個農莊過夜。

Eg. Let him go on with the work he has begun.

讓他把他開創的事業進行下去吧。

3. have no alternative but to do:別無選擇只得做......

Eg. We have no alternative but to go on.

除了繼續下去,我們沒有選擇的餘地。

Eg. I'm afraid if this noise goes on, I shall have no alternative but to call the police.

如果吵鬧聲繼續下去,我恐怕就只好叫警察了。

Eg. We have no alternative but to lodge a claim with you.

我們除了向你們索賠外,毫無其他辦法。

Eg. We have no alternative but to dismiss you.

我們只好辭退你,別無其他辦法。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章