口語英語口語英語學習材料

美劇裏最常說的20句俚語

本文已影響 2.78W人 

簡單熟悉的詞組合起來卻能表達新的意思。嘗試用它們造個句吧!

美劇裏最常說的20句俚語

1 24/7
一天二十四小時;一週七天;一直;持續地

My little sister irritates me 24/7!
我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生氣!

2 A short fuse
急性子

Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.
傑米真是個急性子;幾天前他就跟教練嚷嚷着說不要讓他上場了。

3 A taste of your own medicine
如果對別人壞,那麼自己理所當然地也要嚐嚐相同的滋味

After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.
在多次被捉弄後,朱利安決定也要讓胡安嚐嚐同樣的滋味,就訂了27塊披薩送到胡安的家裏。

4 Butterflies in my stomach
緊張的

Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.
利亞姆在上臺演奏小提琴時非常緊張。

5 By the skin of your teeth
勉強做成某事

Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.
萊斯特勉強組成了舞蹈隊;你可以看出來他已經好久沒跳爵士了。

6 Cat got your tongue?
怎麼不說話了?(通常說出來是爲了讓對方難堪)

I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?
我剛纔看見你親了我男朋友。怎麼回事?你怎麼不吭聲了?

7 Crying wolf
假意求救

You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.
你已經玩了這麼多次“狼來了”的把戲,沒人會相信你是真的受傷了。

8 Cut someone some slack
放某人一馬

Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!
嘿,放我一馬吧。上個星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了給你打電話。對不起嘛!

9 Down for the count
疲勞的;放棄;不願再參與

No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.
不,你不能遛我的狗。——她追了那幾只貓一天,已經累壞了。

10 In the fast lane
繁忙刺激的人生

When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.
當柯蒂斯四十歲的時候,他決心過刺激的人生,所以他辭去了牙醫的工作,決定騎摩托車環遊歐洲。

11 Draw the line
停止;判定好壞的分界線

Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.
現在我結束了在34000人前的講話。

12 Easier said than done
說起來容易做起來難

You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!
想讓我6點就開工?說得容易!

13 Every cloud has a silver lining
困境中總會發現轉機

Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining – at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!
即使你被解僱了,你也要記住,柳暗花明又一村。至少你再也不用爲那個壞脾氣的老闆工作了!

14 Finding a needle in a haystack
根本找不到

Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
這些天找份新工作真是不可能的事。

15 Fish out of water
不得其所,格格不入

Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.
湯姆的新女友央求他去《星際迷航》的影迷會,這讓他感到渾身不自在。

16 Get something off your chest
說出困擾了你很久的事;承認你做錯了某事

I have to get this off my chest – I copied your answers on the Redesigned SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.
我得承認,在入學考試時我抄了你的答案。順便感謝你讓我進了前15%。

17 Give it a whirl
嘗試做某事

I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!
我從沒玩過風箏衝浪,但我準備嘗試一下!

18 Go down in flames 在衆人面前失敗 The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.
在被媒體爆出身負賭債後,這名足球選手的事業一落千丈。

19 Go the extra mile
加倍努力

My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.
我的牙醫總是非常盡心,會在令人緊張的拔牙後給病人按摩。

20 Hang in there
有耐心,堅持下去

I know you're struggling right now in school, but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.
我知道你現在在學校裏的日子不好過,但你要堅持下去。一切都會好起來的,我保證。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章