雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(16)
They were worried I wasn't eating.
我不大吃東西,他們很擔心。But I didn't like the hospital food and I was worried it was not halal.
我不喜歡醫院提供的餐飲,而且也擔心這些食物不符合伊斯蘭教飲食戒律。The only things I'd eat there were the nutritional milkshakes.
在那裡,我唯一接受的食物,就是營養奶昔。
Nurse Julie discovered I liked Cheesy Wotsits so brought me those.
護士茱莉發現我喜歡吃乳酪玉米片,常常準備一些給我吃。'What do you like?' they asked me.
“你喜歡吃什麼?”他們問我。'Fried chicken,' I replied.
“炸雞。”我回答。Yma discovered there was a halal Kentucky Fried Chicken at Small Heath so would go there every afternoon to buy me chicken and chips.
伊瑪在小希思發現了一家遵循伊斯蘭教飲食戒律處理食物的肯德基,因此,每天下午會去那裡幫我買炸雞和薯片。One day she even cooked me a curry.
有一天,她甚至為我烹煮了咖哩。To keep me occupied they brought me a DVD player.
為了讓我有事可做,他們為我買了一臺DVD播放器。One of the first movies they got me was Bend it Like Beckham,
在他們為我準備的第一批電影裡,有一部叫《我愛貝克漢姆》。thinking the story of a Sikh girl challenging her cultural norms and playing football would appeal to me.
他們認為一個錫克教的女孩挑戰她的文化規範,跑去踢足球的故事能夠吸引我。I was shocked when the girls took off their shirts to practise in sports bras and I made the nurses switch it off.
但當我看見一群女孩脫掉了襯衫,僅穿運動內衣打球時,大吃一驚,趕緊請護士幫我關掉。After that they brought cartoons and Disney movies.
那之後,他們帶來了一些卡通和迪士尼電影。I watched all three Shrek movies and A Shark's Tale.
我把《怪物史瑞克》前三部全部看了一遍,還看了《鯊魚黑幫》。My left eye was still blurry so I covered it when I watched, and my left ear would bleed so I had to keep putting in cotton-wool balls.
我的左眼依舊看不清楚,所以當我看電影時,會先把它遮蓋起來;而我的左耳依然不時會流血,因此,需要不停地塞棉花球進去。