迷你對話學地道口語第995期:深明究竟
第一, 迷你對話
A: Don’t let be fooled by him, and I know the score.
別上他的當,我可是顏知其害。
B: I don’t know how what you mean.
我不明白你的意思。
A: He is a cheat. He never keeps his words. If you lend him money, he’ll not pay it back.
他是個騙子,他從來不遵守諾言。如果你借錢給他,他從來不還錢的。
B: I’ve got it.
我明白了。
第二, 地道表達
know the score
1. 解詞釋義
Know the score的意思是“深明究竟,知道很多別人不知道的情況”“知道真相,瞭解實情”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. I do know that those poor civilians don't begin to know the score.
我總覺得,那班老百姓根本就不瞭解情況。
e.g. Very few people know the score in politics.
很少人知道政治的真相。
e.g. Delve a little deeper if you really want to know the score.
如果真想知道事情的箇中緣由就需要深一層的鑽研了。
e.g. We've lent him money before, and we know the score.
我們過去曾借錢給他, 所以瞭解實情。
第三, 咬文嚼字
keep one’s words:遵守承諾,遵守諾言
e.g. She was apologetic for not keeping her words.
她對自己未能遵守諾言表示歉意。
e.g. He is not a reliable person, for he never keep his words.
他不可靠,從不遵守諾言。
pay back:償還
e.g. We'll pay back the money soon.
我們很快就會還錢。
e.g. Pay back the $5,000 I loaned you by today.
我借給你的5,000元,今天還我吧。
第四, 口語短句
我明白了。
I have got it.