網絡社交英語口語 Unit23:我來幫你搞定
SCENE② F 赫伯特回座 過一會,唐走地來<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
【我來幫你搞定】
Don: It's not too late! She's still here. Get back over there.
唐: 現在還不遲!她還在那裏。再回那邊去吧。
Herbert: I can't. Anyway, her 1) interests are completely 2) different from mine.
赫伯特: 我不行。反正,她的興趣跟我完全不同。
Don: How do you know?
唐: 你怎麼知道。
Herbert: I talked about baseball and heavy metal. She was bored.
赫伯特: 我提到棒球跟重金屬。她覺得無聊。
Don: What does she do?
唐: 她是做什麼的?
Herbert: She's a piano teacher. Her name is Rose.
赫伯特: 她鋼琴老師。她的名字是柔絲。
Don: OK. Let me 3) handle this.
唐: 好吧。我來幫你搞定。
Herbert: Don, what are you doing? Oh, no.
赫伯特: 唐,你在幹嘛?唉唷!不要啦!
語言詳解
A: You should tell Matt that you cheated on him.
你應該告訴麥特你揹着他搞外遇。
B: It's a confession that I don't think he can handle.
這樣的告白我想他無法承受。
【Let me handle this. 讓我來處理】
當別人束手無策,或是沒辦法完成一件事,而你想把整件事扛下來時,就可以說這句話。
A: The boss is coming! He's going to be angry!
老闆來了!他要發脾氣了!
B: Let me handle this. I know the boss really well.
讓我來處理。我很瞭解老闆。
還有另外一種情況是,別人說要把一件事攬下來,但你不確定這個人是不是真能辦到,就可以問Could you handle it? 你能處理嗎?
A: I'll watch the office while you're at lunch.
你出去吃午飯時,我會看好辦公室。
B: Sure. If you can handle it.
假如你能處理的話當然好。
1) interest (n.) 興趣,喜好
2) different from... 與……不同
3) handle (v.) 處理,掌控