美語情景對話 第31期:武術 Martial Arts
Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow.
嗨,維克多,我聽說你明天要回家了。Victor: Yes, I am.
是的。Todd: Ah, that's too how long have you been here?
啊,太遺憾了……你在這兒待多久了?
Victor: I've been here for two weeks.
我來這裏兩週了。Todd: I'm sorry, I was never sure. Why did you come to Japan?
不好意思,我想問。你爲什麼來日本?Victor: Came to Japan to study martial arts. Budo-Jujitsu is the art that we study.
我來日本學習武術。我在日本學習日本柔術。Todd: Oh! OK, cool! So are like a black belt?
哦!酷!你達到黑帶級別了?Victor: Yes, yes!
是的!Todd: Oh, really! Wow, how long have you been doing your martial arts?
哦,真的!哇,你學習武術多長時間了?Victor: I've been studying this art for about 18 years I guess.
我學武術大約18年了。Todd: Really!
真的!Victor: A long time.
很長時間了。Todd: That's a long time. You're a young looking guy. You like 18 years.
很長時間了。你看上去很年輕。你看上去就只有18歲。Victor: Well, I'm an old guy.
我已經不年輕了。Todd: Well, so when you go back to the states you also train.
你什麼時候還會回來繼續訓練嗎?Victor: Yes, yes! We have a group that we train in martial arts there as sort of a hobby. It's sort of a way of life also. But I have a real job. I'm a civil engineer.
是的!我們有一個訓練武術的小團隊,武術已經成爲了我們的一種愛好。也是我們的一種生活習慣。但我還有一份工作。我是一名土木工程師。Todd: So, actually what does a civil engineer do?
土木工程師都要做什麼?Victor: In America a civil engineer designs things. In my case, I work on buildings, buildings that have structural problems, and I work on repair plans.
在美國,土木工程師的工作是要設計東西。拿我來說,我要設計的是建築,建築都會有結構問題,我要做的就是修復這些問題。Todd: OK. Sounds like a tough job.
好的,聽起來是個艱苦的工作。Victor: It's OK. It's interesting. All buildings need repairs and it's fun.
還好。這份工作很有趣。所有的建築都需要修葺,這很有趣。Todd: Great, thanks a lot, Victor. Have a safe trip tomorrow.
很好,謝謝你,維克多。明天一路順風。Victor: Well, thank you very much.
好的,謝謝你。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。