就職:Accepting Excuses for Not Meeting Commitments 接受錯過會議的藉口
19. Accepting Excuses for Not Meeting Commitments
19.接受錯過會議的藉口
A: Please have a seat.
A:請坐。
B: Thank you.
B:謝謝你。
A: I am very disappointed in you.
A:我對你很失望。
B: I know. Believe me, I tried very hard to make your deadline.
B:我知道。相信我,我盡力讓你在最後期限前完成。
A: I was depending on that report.
A:我就指望那個報告了。
B: I know, but unexpected circumstances came up.
B:我知道,但意料之外的情況發生了。
A: Unexpected circumstances?
A:意想不到的情況?
B: Yes. I would have had it ready in time, but the computer crashed.
B:是的。我會按時準備好的,但電腦崩潰了。
A: The company computer crashed?
A:公司電腦崩潰了?
B: Yes, it did. I had weeks of saved work on it when it crashed.
B:是的,崩潰了。它崩潰的時候有我幾周的工作量。
A: So your report was ready?
A:所以你的報告已經準備好了?
B: Yes, it was. The crash deleted all my work.
B:是的,準備好了。這次崩潰毀了我所有的工作。
A: Okay, I'll check with IT. Thanks.
A:好的,我會檢查電腦。謝謝。
B: You're welcome.
B:不客氣。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載