口語英語英語突破情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1222期:臨別時尖刻的話語或敵意姿態

本文已影響 1.27W人 

第一, 迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1222期:臨別時尖刻的話語或敵意姿態

A: Phoebe gave a parting shot tonight, I feel so b ad. You know, I do all the things for the benefit of her.

Phoebe今晚走的時候說的話尖刻,我感到難受,你知道我做這一切都是爲她好。

B: Don’t be sad, OK? She will understand everything one day.

別難過了,好嗎?她總有一天會明白的。

A:Maybe. It’s so bad to be misunderstood by your friends.

或許吧。被你自己的朋友誤解真難受。

B: I know, but we can do nothing but wait.

我知道,但是除了等待,我們什麼都做不了。

A; Every time, when I feel bad, you always made me feel good. Thank you with all my heart.

每次我不好受的時候,你總是幫我,我真的很謝謝你。

第二, 地道表達

Parting shot

1. 解詞釋義

Parting shot的意思是“臨走時說的尖刻的話語”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. He couldn't resist getting a parting shot at the hiring manager as he stormed out of her office.

當他衝出辦公室的時候 ,忍不住朝着人事部經理說了尖刻的話語。

His parting shot concerned some comments about my ability to do simple math.

他臨別時尖刻的話語是關於我學得好簡單數學的能力的評論。

第三, 咬文嚼字

for the benefit of:爲了……的利益,幫助……

e.g. We all chipped in for the benefit of the orphans.

我們大家湊錢幫助這些孤兒。

e.g. A bazaar was held for the benefit of the victims of the natural calamity.

爲災民舉辦了義賣。

do nothing but: 除了…..什麼也做不了

e.g. Since none of us had the key, we could do nothing but wait for Xiao Li to come.

既然我們誰也沒有鑰匙,那隻好等小李來了。

e.g. The auditors used to come in and do nothing but shoot the breeze for forty minutes.

查帳隊員一來,往往啥事也不幹,先吹上四十分鐘的牛。

with all one’s heart:誠心誠意地,忠誠地,衷心地

e.g. I wish with all my heart she were well settled.

我誠心誠意地希望她好好攀門親事。

e.g. With all my heart I hope you'll be happy.

我真心誠意地希望你快樂。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章

推薦閱讀