迷你對話學地道口語第1870期:步行,走路,跑步
第一,迷你對話
A: Shall we take a bus to the Forest Zoo?
我們乘車去森林動物園好嗎?
B: I think we'd better foot it since it's too crowded on the bus.
車上太擠了,我們最好步行。
A: OK. I agree with you.
好吧,我同意。
第二,詞海拾貝
foot it
exp. To go somewhere by foot; to walk or run.(步行,走路)
e.g. I have to foot it over to the drugstore for some medicine.
我得步行去藥店買些藥。
e.g. If we are going to get there on time, we'll have to foot it.
如果我們要及時趕到那裏,就必須跑着去。
e.g. I am sorry that I'm late because I missed the bus and had to foot it.
對不起,來遲了,因爲沒趕上公共汽車,只好走路來了。
第三,語彙積累
1.agree with someone:同意某人的觀點意見等
e.g. Do you agree with me about the need for more schools ?
關於多建一些學校一事, 你同意我的意見嗎?
e.g. I see your point, but I can't really agree with you.
我明白你的觀點,但我的確不能贊同。
2.had better:最好
e.g. The man had better have hanged himself.
這傢伙最好是去懸樑自縊。
e.g. I'm not clear about this matter, so I had better keep quiet.
我對這個問題不清楚, 所以最好保持沉默。
take a bus:乘坐公交車
take a bus to somewhere:乘坐公交車去某處
第四,短句翻譯
中:公交車上很擁擠。
譯: It's too crowded on the bus.