英語口語練習小對話 第904期:順道拜訪
A: Would you mail a letter for me? My hands are full.
你替我發封信好嗎?我現在很忙。
B: Oh, I am soryy. I’m afraid I can’t do it now. I have to meet my supervisor in a few senconds. But I could mail it after that.
哦,對不起,現在恐怕不行,過一會兒我必須見我的導師,但是過後,我可以替你發。
A: That’s fine. We’er going to drop in and see Jimmy tinight. Don’t forget it.
那也行,今天我們順便去拜訪一下Jimmy,別忘了。
B: I won’t.
忘不了。
A: Thanks. See you.
謝謝!回見。
B: Don’t mention it. See you.
別客氣,回頭見。
drop in
1. 解詞釋義
Drop in 是指“順便拜訪”“順道拜訪”“突然拜訪”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. She spent most of the day dropping in on friends in Edinburgh.
她一天的大部分時間都用來拜訪在愛丁堡的朋友了。
e.g. Oh! I just drop in on him for a chat.
哦,我只是順便來和他聊聊天。
e.g. Please drop in to tea.
請隨便來我家喝茶。
e.g. They would just drop in on us for a chat at any moment.
他們隨時都會來我們這兒聊天。
mail a letter:發一封郵件
e.g. How much does it cost to mail a registered letter to China?
寄往中國的掛號信要多少錢?
e.g. They asked her to mail him a letter.
他們要她給他寄封信。
e.g. He went to the post office to mail a letter.
他到郵局寄信去了
1. 我現在很忙。
翻譯:My hands are full.
2. 不客氣。
翻譯:Don’t mention it.