商務英語商務英語

BEC中級口語練習:處理變化

本文已影響 2.94W人 

今天小編爲大家準備了BEC中級口語練習:處理變化,供大家閱讀參考,希望以下內容能夠爲同學們的BEC商務英語考試提供幫助。

BEC中級口語練習:處理變化

Ⅰ.核心學習:處理變化

Michael: Billy, why are you sitting at this desk today?

邁克爾:比利,你今天怎麼坐在這張桌子上?

Billy: My boss has moved me to a new desk and a new job.

比利:我上司讓我挪到一張新桌子,並給了我一份新工作。

Michael: Is it a promotion?

邁克爾:是提升嗎?

Billy: No, not really. Just a new job.

比利:不,不算得。只是一份新工作而已。

Michael: How do you feel about that?

邁克爾:你對此感覺如何?

Billy: Ok. I suppose but I like my old job better.

比利:我覺得還行吧,不過我更喜歡我的老工作。

Michael: I hate change. I just get settled in and then things change again.

邁克爾:我討厭變動。我剛剛固定下來,又要變。

Billy: They say that a rut is a grave with the ends kicked out.

比利:他們說一成不變的生活是無底的墳墓。

Michael: So change is positive?

邁克爾:這麼說變動是好事?

Billy: It must be! I don't want to be in a grave yet!

比利:肯定是!我還不想呆在墳墓裏!

Ⅱ.單詞簡析

1) Promotion: an increase in pay and responsibility at work

提拔,晉升:工作中薪水和職責的增加

ex:The general manager said that my new job was a promotion but he would not offer me more money!

總經理說我的新工作是一次升職,可他不給我加薪!

2) Rut: a track worn by a wheel, a groove in which something runs

車撤,溝,槽:車輪壓出的痕跡,某物在裏面運轉的溝槽

ex:At the front of my house is a rut worn by my bicycle wheel.

我的屋前是一條我的自行車輪胎軋出的車轍。

3) Grave: large hole in the ground for a coffin

墳墓:地底下存放棺材很大的洞

ex:My parents went shopping for their grave last weekend - I hope they don't need it soon.

上週我的父母去購買他們的墓穴-但願他們近期內不需要它。

4) Positive: good, the opposite of negative

正面的,肯定的:好的,負面的反面

ex:Everyone said positive things about my new necktie - so it must be very good.

每個人都對我的新領帶表示肯定-那麼它一定很不錯。

猜你喜歡

熱點閱讀

最新文章